Government of India has launched Corona Kavach Mobile App for android phone to track Coronavirus (COVID-19) at home. People can download Corona Kavach Mobile App from Google Play Store asCOVID-19 tracker. Corona Kavach tracks a user`s location in 1 hour intervals and tells if they have come in contact with a person tested positive for COVID-19.
Corona Kavach (COVID-19) has been released by Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) in association with the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MHFW). Currently in its beta Stage, the Corona Kavach app is still a work in progress and crashed more than a few times while we were testing it, and we also has a lot of trouble trying to generate an OTP to log in.
Corona Kavach App
Corona Kavach Mobile App COVID-19 is track Coronavirus and somehow control its spread. You are required to ans a couple of questions and it will mark you as All Good, See a Doctor, Quarantine and Infected (if you are facing difficulty in breathing, body temperature, sore throat and more).
You are required to enable the Corona Kavach app whenever you go out and it will tracking your location. Corona Kavach app alert you if you are in the proximity of another person either infected by Coronavirus or at high risk. You can remain safe from catching Corona Virus by this way.
Download Corona Kavach Mobile APP COVID-19
Corona Kavach Mobile App has been developed for safety of people to provide information and capture Coronavirus outbreak. The data would be used to conduct analysis and provide information about active COVID 19 cases in India.
Corona Kavach App contain additional features like tracking of your breathing capacity as well as survery from to keep self check. The app size is 5.2 MB and current version 1.1.2, required android 5.0 and up. The direct link to download Corona Kavach Mobile App is given below
Corona Kavach COVID-19 Mobile App will be soon available for ios users
How to use Corona Kavach App
There are the following simple steps to use Corona Kavach App. As a reminder, the app is in its initial stage, hence expect bugs and some stutters.
- Download Corona Kavach app on your android mobile phone and open
- After getting a gist about the app, you are required to grant the app with your location and storage access. The Corona Kavach app will take the location offline and claims to be shared only when there is high risk
- Register your mobile number and get an OTP
- Once all this done then you will reach the homepage of Corona Kavach App. The home page of the app contain the No. of people infected, No. of deaths and No. of people to be recovered
- There are 3 option on the lower part of Corona Kavach App
1st upload option to upload your Unique ID
2nd Kavach option to start tracking you when you step out
3rd section to take the questionnaire and the breaking exercise
How Corona Kavach Mobile App Works
The Corona Kavach Mobile App is simple work as follows
People have to fill a form firstly with six question asked in app which are given below
- Breathing difficulty
- Body temperature
- Foreign travel details
- Dry cough or sore throat
- Body ache
- Meeting with anyone from a Foreign Country
Category/ Colour Code
On the basis of answers of these questions, the corona kavach app will sort you into different categories
- Green Colour code for all fine
- Orange colour code indicates that you must go for see a doctor
- Yellow colour code for quarantine
- Red colour code for infected person
Whenever you go out of their home then press a button to active the “Kavach” app, this will track your movements for one hours. In cae someone else has the Corona Kavach app and has marked themselves as infected or quarantine and you come into the same vicinity, then app will give you an alert.