Punjab Kisan Karj Mafi Yojana: State government of Punjab finally launched 1st phase of Karj Mafi Yojana Debt Waiver Scheme. Under the Kisan Karj Mafi Yojana, the government will waive of loans upto Rs. 2 lakh of small and marginal farmers. For benefiting the farmers, Kisan Karj Mafi Yojana certificates will be provided to the farmers. As per the information, the Punjab Crop Loan Waiver Scheme will waive off the loans of around 5.63 lakh farmers in the 1st phase.
During the launch of the Kisan Karj Mafi Yojana, the government distributed Debt-relief certificates to 10 farmers and further it will cover over 47,000 farmers having loan amount of Rs. 167.39 crore. These farmer are from 5 districts – Mansa, Faridkot, Muktsar, Bhatinda and Monga, had taken a loan from 701 primary agriculture cooperative societies.
Total 5.63 lakh small and marginal farmers has been identified by the government for Farm Loan Waiver Scheme Punjab. As on 31 March 2017, these farmers loans amount is around Rs. 2700 crore which is taken from cooperative institutions.
Kisan Karj Mafi Yojana Punjab – 1st Phase
Here are the features of Punjab Farm Loan waiver scheme (1st Phase)
- The loans of Rs. 2 lakh of small and marginal farmers in the state will be waived off.
- All marginal farmers having a loan holdings of less than 2.5 acres will be included in the Kisan Karj Mafi list while the small farmers with land holdings between 2.5 – 5 acres will get the benefits.
- In the first phase, 5.63 lakh farmers will be included in the beneficiary list of debt relief Punjab.
- 3.20 lakh beneficiaries has already been identified by the government and in addition, the govt. has also approved 1 lakh cases with loan amount of Rs. 748 crores.
- In the next phase, the farmers who have availed the loans from commercial and private banks will be settled.
- For distributing the loan amount, debt-relief certificates to around 47000 farmers in Punjab will be distributed.
Kisan Karj Mafi Yojana Punjab will be implemented in the four phases. There are total 17.5 lakh farming households in the state of which 10.25 lakh families will be covered under Punjab Farm Loan Waiver Scheme.