State government has approved the construction houses under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Housing for All Scheme in Pimpri-Chinchwad in Pune. Pimpri-Chinchwad Municipal Corporation (PCMC) has created a plan of development under which about 25,000 affordable houses by the end of 2022. In the financial year of 2017-2018, PCMC has plans to construct 7,500 flats.
As per the information received from the source, a demand survey for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana in Pimpri-Chinchwad in Pune will be started from today 17 April 2017 which would help PCMC to find out the exact requirement of houses for residents.
Highlights of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana in Pune
- Target for 2022 – 25,000 Houses
- Target for 2017-18 FY – 7,500 Houses
- Categories – Economical Weaker Section (EWS) & Lower Income Group (LIG)
Details of Flats – Under PMAY scheme, PCMC will construct the housing units in the size of 440 square feet at the cost of about Rs. 10 lakh in Pimpri-Chinchwad or Pune city.
How to Apply
An advertisement will be released by the PCMC to invite applications form PMAY demand survey and it will be appear in some Marathi newspaper. And the online application facility will be available at six zonal offices of the PCMC.
Under the scheme, the Central government will provide Rs 1.5 lakh while the state government will contribute Rs one lakh to the beneficiaries as an assistance of the scheme. A beneficiary will be required to pay Rs 5-6 lakh. Besides, a facility of loan will also be arranged by PCMC.
- The applicant should not have any house in his/her name.
- The applicant must be a resident of Pimpri-Chinchwad.
- As per the revised norms, the annual income of applicant belong economically weaker section category should be up to Rs 3 lakh, while the low income group category applicant’s annual income should be in between Rs 3-6 lakh.