State government of Meghalaya is going provide financial assistance and material for putting roof of the house to the poor people and families of economically weaker sections. The material for roof and financial assistance will be provided under Chief Minister’s Housing Assistance Programme. The scheme will implemented in both Rural and Urban areas.
CM Housing Assistance Programme is an upgraded scheme of Meghalaya Affordable Housing Scheme under which the CGI sheets were provided to the beneficiaries but due to some reasons the scheme was stopped. Now the scheme will benefit the people by providing them financial assistance and material of roof for their houses. The scheme will have two components, construction materials to the beneficiaries and financial assistance of Rs 75,000 which will soon benefit the poor and EWS category people in Meghalaya.
Chief Minister Housing Assistance Programme – Highlights
Following are some highlights of the scheme:
- Meghalaya Affordable Housing Scheme has been changed to Chief Minister Housing Assistance Programme.
- An amount of Rs. 75,000 will be provided to the beneficiary for construction purpose.
- High quality roofing material will be given to the beneficiaries.
- Scheme will benefit people living in both rural and urban area.
- Poor people and EWS category people can avail the benefit for dwelling their house.
- CM launches the scheme for proving affordable houses in Meghalaya.
- The scheme is lining up the dream project of PM, “Housing for All” mission.
- Selection committee will be formulated to implement the scheme and to select the names and prepares the list of the beneficiaries.
Moreover, govt. will carry selection process at both the district and block level which further speeds up this implementation process.