DDA to Build 2800 Flats in Katpulti Colony to Rehabilitate the Area

Latest Housing News, Schemes & Projects | By Rajkumar

Delhi Development Authority plans to rehabilitate slum areas in Katputli colonies by constructing new flats. According to the information, DDA will construct around 2800 flats in Katputli colonies to redevelop the slums.

The rehabilitation work in the slums of Katputli colonies was started in 2010 after the completion of census 2010. The agreement process between DDA and Raheja Builders in on process to construct these flats.

The Principal Commissioner of DDA, J P Agrawal, said that keeping in a view the artistic nature of Katpulti colony residents, Raheja has ensured DDA that they will create two theaters in the 40% of their area.

In order to start the levelling in the area, the developers need the area vacant and for the same, around 1150 families have been shifted to Anand Parbat Transit camp.

“The work will start once people vacate the place. The authority is concerned about the people living there. Police personnel have been deployed in the area to maintain law and order,” said Agrawal. The rehabilitation work in Katpulti colonies will start in March this year, he also added.

Under slum rehabilitation programme of DDA around, 70 thousand flats will be constructed in different locations of the city.

From total Floor Area Ration (FAR) of these flats, 60 percent will be of DDA and remaining 40 percent share will be given to builder, the source said. In this area around 2,641 families were living.

DDA launched Public-Private Partnership (PPP) under Slum Rehabilitation Scheme as part of Delhi Master Plan 2021. For the development this project, the slum dwellers are to be relocated to a transit camp for two years, during which period, Raheja Builders would construct 1 BHK houses in the area with modern facilities and after the completion, they will be located back to their original residence.

The source, said that development work cannot begin until everyone is shifted. Police are there to maintain law and order, with clear instructions to ensure that the residents do not indulge in violence.

Source: https://www.dailypioneer.com/city/dda-plans-to-rehabilitate-katputli-colonies-to-build-2800-flats.html

Related -

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *