The sate government of Assam has launched Arundhati Gold Scheme for newlywed bride from economically backward families. Under this scheme, government will provides financial assistance up to Rs.40,000 for buying gold to newly married couples who have applied for the scheme.
Arundhati Gold Scheme 2022
Assam Arundhati Gold Scheme, the state government provides Rs.40,000 to gils from the family with an annual income of less than Rs.5 lakh provided the marriage is registered under special Marriage Act, 1954.
To get the benefits of Arundhati Gold Scheme both the bride and groom have to attain legal age marriage (18 year for girl and 21 year for boys) and must have passed at least class 10 to be eligible for the scheme. The bride can avail the benefit only for her 1st marriage.
Assam Arundhati Gold Scheme for EWS Brides
Under the Arundhati Gold Scheme, the Assam Govt. had announced 10 gm (1 tola) gold or the equal amount in money to any bride of EWS families with less than Rs.5 lakh annual income. To avail this scheme, the beneficiaries are required to register their marriages under the special marriage Act, 1954 before a competent authority apart from fulfilling education and age related criterion.
The objective of the scheme to facilitate parents of girl children who are economically not sound, but like all other parents desire to give some gold which is considered auspicious to their daughters as a gift at the time of marriage. The sate government of Assam said this will encourage marriage registrations mostly among poor and rural people.
Assam Finance Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said the philosophy behind most state government scheme is to address the problems faced by the society.
According to the govt figures, 1121 couples registered for the scheme, out of which 587 were found eligible,
Arundhati Scheme Assam Application Form
The complete process of online registration/ application form for Assam Arundhati Gold Scheme Step by Step is given below
Step-1: Visit official website Arundhati Gold Scheme https://revenueassam.nic.in/
Step-2: The home page of the website will open then go citizen tab and click on apply online.
Step-3 Direct Link for Application https://revenueassam.nic.in/arundhati/application.
Step-4: Choose Social Community, District, SRO and enter Annual Family income.
Step-5: Fill the applicant details and bank details, enter captcha code and click on “Submit” button.
Assam Arundhati Gold Scheme Eligibility
There are following eligibility criteria for Arundhati Gold Scheme Assam
- The bride and groom both should have attained the legal age (18 years girls and 21 years boys) at the marriage time.
- Marriage should be registered under Special Marriage Act, 1954.
- The applicant girl should apply for the benefit under Arundhati Gold Scheme on the same day that she applies for marriage registration.
- Total income of girl parents should be below Rs.5 Lakh per annum.
- The applicant bride can avail this benefit for her 1st marriage only.
- Both the bride and groom must have passed at least HSLC or equivalent Except Tea Tribe including Adivasi communities of the State.
Documents Required for Arundhati Scheme
There are following documents required to ascertain the eligibility of the applicant girl:
- Age Proof document.
- Marriage Certificate attested copy.
- Income Certificate of applicant parents.
- Bank Account Details (Bank Passbook).
- Certificate by Gaonburah / Mouzadar of the village of 1st marriage.
Arundhati Gold Scheme Guideline PDF
Government of Assam (Revenue & D.M Department) has released a notice for Assam Arundhati Gold Scheme. The Assam Gold Scheme guideline and notification can be downloaded from below link in PDF format
Click on below link for apply all Government Scheme or Yojana Online Application Form, Complete application and registration process and Scheme Guidelines details