The state government of Odisha has started the Mo Kudia Housing Scheme for rural people and the main objective of the scheme is to provide a dwelling unit to the genuinely poor and needy rural, who need immediate shelter for a dignified existence.
The scheme also benefits the people who are affected by disaster and live the state. Those residents can come back to their original state under the benefits of this scheme. For implementing the scheme, the nodal agency is Panchayat Raj Department.
Under the scheme, poor women in distress, physically challenged (over 40%), mentally challenged, victims of domestic violence, destitute widows, women-headed HHs, adult orphans of government registered institutions and victims of leprosy and AIDS, all the above categories people are able to get the benefits of Mo Kudia Housing Scheme of Orissa government.
Benefits of Mo Kudia Housing Scheme in Orissa
- The scheme benefits the Rural Poor and Needy by providing them a shelter.
- A dwelling units will be provide to the genuinely poor and needy rural, who need immediate shelter for a dignified existence.
- Scheme benefits to those HHs (Households) under BPL category which are deprived of getting the IAY (Indira Aawas Yojana) houses due to non-inclusion of names in BPL list as prepared by the Govt. of India and an assistance of Rs. 10,000 will also be provided to the beneficiary of Mo Kudia under “fully collapsed” category for flood damage.
- Affordable shelter for the masses or creation of productive and responsive housing for all will be done
Eligibility & Conditions for Mo Kudia Housing Scheme:
- Applicant must be permanent residence of Odisha state
- Applicant under BPL category is only eligible for the scheme.
- Poor women in distress, victims of domestic violence, physically challenged (over 40%), mentally challenged, destitute widows, women-headed HHs (Households), adult orphans of government registered institutions and victims of leprosy and AIDS all are eligible
- Following categories may also be considered on priority for the scheme: Poor victims of ethnic and naxal violence, Poor victims of fire or flood, Tribal HHs whose houses have “fully collapsed” due to elephant menace Primitive Tribe Groups (PTGs), Parents of Children Living with HIV and AIDS (CLHIV) who are under Anti Retroviral Therapy (ART) treatment
Required Document for Mo Kudia Housing Scheme:
- Identity proof e.g. voter ID
- BPL ration card (If available)
- Permanent Residence proof e.g. certificate from residence authority
- Candidates who are victim of leprosy and AIDS should have Medical proof
- Disability Certificate
- Aadhar Card
Interested applicants can contact the Panchayat Samiti Office, Gram Panchayat Office, Jila Parishad Office, DRDA Office and Commissioner-cum-Secretary, Panchayat Raj Department for further information of Mo Kudia housing scheme.
For more details visit the link: https://panchayat.odisha.gov.in/