UGC PG Merit Scholarship 2017 – 2018: The University Grand Commission has started the online registration process and invites applications from the post graduate students for UGC PG Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holders
2017-18. Students who are seeking scholarships for post graduate programmes can fill the application form through the official websites, www.ugc.ac.in and scholarships.gov.in before its last date 31 January 2018.
Under UGC Rank Holder Scholarship 2018, financial assistance to be provided to the eligible students for pursuing post graduate level study programmes such as, management, pharmacy, engineering and technology etc from a recognised Indian institution, College or University.
Online Application for UGC Post Graduate Merit Scholarship Scheme
Eligible Students can apply online for UGC merit scholarship for post graduate courses and students can follow the steps given below to fill the online application form.
- Visit the official website, www.ugc.ac.in or scholarships.gov.in.
- Go to UGC schemes and click on Apply Online button in front of “PG Scholarship University Rank Holders”.
- Login page for scholarships will be appeared on the screen.
- Click on “New Student ? Register Here” link.
- Hers a registration form will be appeared on the screen.
- After filling the online registration form, you will be able to fill the online application form for UGC University Rank Holders rewards and incentive.
- Candidates can only fill the application before the last date, 31 January 2018.
Post graduate students falling under the eligibility apply for UGC merit scholarship 2018.
Only first PG degree pursuing students would be able to apply for the reward amount under UGC Merit Scholarship 2017-18.
The age of students should be less than 30 years at the time of admission in PG course.
Students pursuing PG courses on distance education mode are not eligible for the scheme.
UG courses from the following streams including, Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Social Sciences, Life Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Commerce, Earth Sciences and Languages would be allowed to get incentive.
Before forwarding applications students/Universities may ensure that application satisfy all norms as per guidelines.
Scholarship Reward/ Incentive
Students whose application accepted by the UGC would be provided the scholarship amount of Rs. 7,800 per month and a contingency amount of Rs. 15,000 per annum will be awarded to the ME, MTech candidates.
A scholarship amount of Rs. 4,700 per month and a contingency amount of Rs. 10,000 per annum will be awarded to the candidates pursuing other courses.