DST INSPIRE Faculty Scheme 2017/ Inspire Awards Scheme 2017 is a flagship scheme of Department of Science & Technology (DST), Government of India. “Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research” – INSPIRE scheme covers the students in the age group of 10-32 years under its components. Under the five components, Inspire awards aims to motivate the students and faculty by providing them an assured career in the the field of science and research.
Latest Update: Last date extended for online registration/ Online nomination for Inspire Awards upto 15 September 2017
Major Components of Inspire
- Inspire Internship Scheme
- Inspire Scholarship Scheme
- Inspire Fellowship Scheme
- Inspire Faculty Scheme
INSPIRE Faculty Awards 2017 applications/nominations forms are being invited for “Assured Opportunity for Research Career (AORC)” for young researchers in the age group of 27-32 years. For general category, the upper age limit is 32 years as on 1 July 2017 while for SC and ST the age is 35 years.
DST Inspire Faculty Scheme/ Inspire Award Online Application Form
Eligible candidates can apply for DST Inspire Faculty Scheme either by direct mode or by nomination mode through online portal of Inspire Award.
Before going to fill the online application form read the complete guidelines available on www.inspiredst.gov.in. you can download the guidelines by following the links below.
Download DST Inspire Faculty Scheme Guidelines
- Visit the official website at www.online- inspire.gov.in
- Now click on “New User? Register here” link available in Sign-in Section.
- Here a registration form will be appeared on the screen same as in the image below.
- Now fill all the required information in the Inspire registration form and click on Submit button.
- After completion of registration process, candidates can choose any one option under Inspire scheme which in currently open.
- After filling the application form, click on submit button to complete your application.
- After that you can take printout / download Inspire application form.
- Eligible candidate who wishes to be considered in “Direct” and “Nominated” route, may also send applications directly to Indian National Science Academy (INSA), New Delhi for consideration.
- Indian citizens and people of Indian origin including NRI/PIO status with PhD (in science, mathematics, engineering, pharmacy, medicine, and agriculture related subjects) from any recognized university in the world.
- Those who have submitted their PhD Thesis and are awaiting award of the degree are also eligible. However, the award will be conveyed only after confirmation of the awarding the PhD degree.
- The upper age limit as on 1st July 2017 is 32 years for considering support for a period of 5 years. However, for SC and ST candidates upper age limit will be 35 years.
- Publication(s) in highly reputed Journals demonstrating research potential of the candidate.
- Candidates who are employed in regular/contractual position within India may apply in INSPIRE Faculty towards improvement and enhancement of his/her career prospects but upon selection, the candidate needs to resign (no lien or deputation or any type of leave would be accepted) from the current job and organization, for the implementation of INSPIRE Faculty Award.
For more details visit the official website at www.inspire-dst.gov.in & www.inspireawards-dst.gov.in & www.online-inspire.gov.in.