The central government provides scholarship to the economically weaker section children under national means merit list scholarship. The merit means cum merit is a national level scholarship programme for socially and economically disadvantaged children of the society. The eligible and interested students can apply online for national means merit scholarship 2018 at national scholarship portal scholarships.gov.in.
Under this scholarship programme, students studying in the government, government aided or local body schools and institutions are given direct financial assistance in the monthly basis. Department of school education and literacy for national means cum merit scholarship scheme 2018-19.
The candidates who want to apply online for national means merit scholarship 2018 can follow some simple and easy steps which are given below in this article. The objective is to award scholarships to meritorious students of economically weaker sections to arrest their drop out at class VIII and encourage them to continue the study at secondary stage.
How to Apply Online National Means Merit Scholarship 2018
The eligible and interested candidates who want to apply for this scholarship programme can follow the given instructions.
- To apply online for national means merit scholarship 2018 the candidates have to visit national scholarship portal scholarships.gov.in.
- Now at the homepage click at department of school education & literacy.
- Now click at Apply link in front of National Means Cum Merit Scholarship.
- After clicking at apply link you have to fill registration form if you are not registered by clicking at New Student ? Register Here.
- A registration form will be displayed at your screen.
- Fill the form with complete and accurate details.
- Click at register option and then you will receive application id and password which will be used for further login.
National Means Merit Scholarship 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who want apply online for national means cum merit scholarship scheme have to go through the eligibility criteria which is given below.
- The students shall have minimum of 55% marks or equivalent grade in Class VII examination (Relaxable by 5% for SC/ST).
- The annual income of the parents of the candidates should not exceed Rs. 15000 per annum.
For fresh scholarships of class 9th as well as renewals for classes 10th, 11th and 12th, the students are required to register as new user and then login to apply for scholarships of classes 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th. For renewals of scholarships, students are not required to go to the option of “Apply for renewal”.