DIKSHA Portal “diksha.gov.in” is an initiative of HRD ministry for providing a digital platform to teacher to make their lifestyle more digital. Diksha portal launched with a tagline “National Digital Infrastructures for Our Teacher Our Teacher”. This will consist the whole teacher’s life cycle – from the time they were enrolled as student teachers in Teacher Education Institutes (TEIs) to after they retire as teachers.
Many teacher in India are creating & using innovative tech-based solutions in their classrooms which solution to be available on the portal and this integration process will be available for both government and private teachers.
DIKSHA Portal Features
Teacher can use the portal for creating the following:
- Teacher training content
- Teacher profile
- In-class resources
- Assessment aids
- News and announcement
- Teacher community
Through this portal the all the teacher across the nation will be equipped with advanced digital technology.
- It will help the teacher to boost their teaching skills.
- It will allow the teacher to create their own profile with their skills and knowledge.
- Teacher can learn and train themselves for which assessment resources will be available.
- The complete work and accomplishment of teachers in Teacher’s educational institutes will be recorded from start to end point till their retirement.
- The modification in the infrastructure would be allowable for teachers according to their own ideas.
- Content can be shared between multiple people and the infrastructure is multi channel, which means it can accessed on various formats like PCs, mobile phones, tablets etc.
Diksha portal will help in improving the quality of education with the use of latest technologies in the domain of sector. Not only the government, private institutes and NGO’s are also allowed to participate in the Diksha initiative.