Odisha government is all set to cover the poor families under Universal Health Coverage which is a kind of health insurance scheme. Last week the the government initiated Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana for providing a health cover to around 70 lakh families (3.5 crore people poor families. The new health insurance of Odisha government will provide health insurance of Rs. 5 lakh and people will soon be able to get benefits by making registration for the same.
Under Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana, the government will provide health insurance cover of Rs. 5.0 lakh per annum to the beneficiaries. As per the information, the registration and application of Odisha Universal Health Insurance Scheme will effect from 15 August 2018. The benefits of the scheme will be available at all government-run hospitals in the state. Besides, the government has also announced drop back assistance of Rs 500 for all pregnant women and infant.
Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana : Health Insurance Benefits & Highlights
All the information of the scheme is not revealed yet but we have described the highlights of the scheme below.
- The scheme will provide a health coverage to around 3.5 people of 70 lakh families.
- It will provide an health insurance cover of Rs. 5. lakh to the beneficiary Which will be facilitated through government hospitals in the state.
- The official implementation of the scheme to start from 15 August 2018 and registration and application process for the scheme to be started from the same day.
- The state government will borne the entire implementation cost of the scheme.
- Free of cost health services will be given to beneficiary who will visit any government health institution from district to sub-centre level.
- An amount of Rs. 500/- will be provided to all pregnant women and infant who visit public health facilities, as drop back assistance.
Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana – List of Hospitals
The benefits of the scheme will be provided through the government limited hospitals and list of hospitals for the scheme are here.
- Amri Hospital
- Emergency Hospital
- Christians Hospitals
- LV Prasad Eye Institute
- Chittranjan Sewa Sadan, Cuttuck
- Prime Hospitals, Cuttuck
- Sadguru Hospital
- Ayush Hospital
- Vivekananda Hospital
- Kids, Bhubanaeswar
- Neelachala Hospital
- Pandacurie Cancer Hospital