Karnataka Unnati Scheme is launched by state government of Karnataka with an aim of giving benefits to the SC/ST Entrepreneurs of the states. Karnataka Unnati Scheme will provide the financial support to entrepreneurs from SC/ST communities of Karnataka.
Unnati Scheme is launched under the karnataka Department of Social Welfare. Karnataka government intends to provide a comprehensive entrepreneurship platform for startups. This idea of Unnati Scheme of Karnataka government will boost up the business in the state.
Unnati Scheme is a startup funding scheme by Karnataka govt. for entrepreneurs from scheduled caste and scheduled tribes community. The state government of Karnataka will provide a sum of Rs.50 lakhs to the selected beneficiary under the Unnati Scheme Karnataka.
Unnati Scheme Karnataka
Unnati Scheme was announced by Karnataka Social Welfare Minister Priyank Kharge, at an event conducted by digital media startup. The state govt. is looking to encourage entrepreneurs to focus on real-world problem by leveraging technologies. Under this scheme, the govt. has earmarked Rs.20 crores, but it can go up to Rs.100 crores, depending on the response.
Features of Unnati Scheme
- The scheme is developed for offering financial assistance to candidates with innovative business ideas.
- The products and solutions offered by the organizations are untilized towards the betterment of people residing in the rural habitats.
- The state government will provide a sum of Rs.50 lakhs to the chosen owners of enterprises.
- Government has extended the scheme to Adivasi and Dalit individuals
- Government will shortlist and categorize the beneficiaries, who in-turn are required to make venture plans with a long-term objective.
Eligibility for Scheme
There are the following eligibility criteria for Unnati Scheme Karnataka :
- Startups operated by SC/St residents of Karnataka
- Startups comprising of entrepreneurs from the SC/St community holding key managerial stakes
- Startups catering to the areas of health, waste generation, sanitation, education and mechanized scavenging.
- Organizations of the state which are operational for less than 4 years.
Stage 1 – Pre-screening for eligibility and data sufficiency by startup cell, KBITS)
Stage 2 – Level 2 final Pitch & Evaluation
Stage 3 – Recommendations from the Unnati Evaluation Committee which will be chaired by Minister for Social Welfare
Apply for Unnati Scheme
Complete process of online application / registration for start-up funding under Unnati Scheme Karnataka is given below :
- Visit official website karnataka.gov.in
- Click at Login option
- Enter your valid email id, mobile no. and click at “send OTP” button
- Enter OTP receive at register mobile no. to login
- Follow the instructions and fill your personal details
- Choose startup funding for SC/ST application forms
- Fill all the details in application from and upload all required documents and click at submit option
There are following documents are required for Karnataka Unnati Scheme :-
- SC/ST Certificate of the applicant
- At least 50% of the qualified workforce
- Start-up registration documents
- Aadhar Card
- PAN Card
- Startup presentation deck
- Address Proof
- Bank account details of the applicant
Unnati Scheme is designed to assist start-up aspirants belonging to the SC/ST and other communities. To make it more precise, the scheme will financially support entrepreneurs who are technologically driven to develop the products or solutions designed to improve the rural habitats.
Under this scheme, the beneficiaries are classes into following 2 categories
1st Category :-
The first category involves SC/ST entrepreneurs with a pioneering through, irrespective of the domain they may be involved in.
The second category includes start-up operated by any community with a notable innovative idea. The idea of the entrepreneurs in this case, must be a solution to the real-world problems in areas pertaining to health, education, sanitation, waste segregation and mechanized scavenging.