Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maandhan Yojana (PMSYM) is a government Scheme meant for old age protection and cecurity of Unorganized workers (UW). Unnoganized Workers are mostly engaged as home based workers, street vendors, mid day meal workers, head loaders, brick kiln workers, cobblers, rag pickers, domestic workers washer men, rickhaw pullers, landless labours, own account workers agricultural workers, construction workers, beedi workers, handloom workers, leather workers, audio-visual workers or workers in similar other occupations. There are approximately 42 crore Unorganized workers in the country.
PM Shram Yogi Maandhan Scheme is a voluntary and contributory pension scheme which the subscriber would receive a minimum assured pension of Rs.3000 per month after attaining the age of 60 year. If the subscriber dies, the spouse of the beneficiary shall be entitled to receive 50% of the pension as family pension.
The scheme is a tribute to the workers in the Unorganized sector who contribute around 50% of the nation`s Gross Domestic Product (GDP). The applicant between the age group of 18 to 40 year will have to make monthly contributions ranging between Rs.55 to Rs.200 per month till they attain the age of 60. Once the applicant attains the age of 60, he/she can claim the pension amount.
How to Apply for Pradhan Mantri Shram Maandhan Yojana
The complete process for apply Pradhan Mantri Shram Maandhan Yojana is given below step by step:-
- Intersted eligible candidate shall visit nearest CSC centre with documents of Aadhar Card, Saving / Jan Dhan Bank Account details with IFSC Code
- Initial contribution amount in cash will be made to the Village Level Entrepreneur (VLE)
- The VLE will complete the online registration by filling up the details like Bank Account details, Mobile No., Email Address Spouse (if any) and Nominee details will be captured.
- Self-certification for eligibility conditions will be done.
- System will auto calculate monthly contribution payable according to age of the Subscriber.
- Subscriber will pay the first subscription amount in cash to the Village Level Entrepreneur.
- Enrolment cum Auto Debit mandate from will be printed and will be further signed by the subscriber.
- Village Level Entrepreneur will scan the same and upload it into the system.
- A unique Shram Yogi Pension Account Number (SPAN) will be generated and Sharm Yogi Card will be printed.
- This scheme for Unorganized Worker (UW)
- Entry age between 18 to 40 years
- The Unorganized Worker Monthly Income should be Rs 15000 or below
Features of Scheme
- Assured Pension of Rs. 3000 per month to the Unoraganized Worker
- It is a voluntary and contributory pension scheme
- Matching Contribution by the Government of India
Entry age specific monthly contribution :-
For Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maandhan Yojana related queries kindly contact Helpline Number: 1800 267 6888