The government has released the first installment for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) Panipat beneficiaries for constructing house under housing for all mission. The payment of first installment under PMAY Panipat to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries has been released by using the beneficiary can construct his/her own house.
Out of 600 people, 597 has been registered in Panipal district and of total registered people, first installment has been released for 471 beneficiaries of PMAY Panipat.
An amount of Rs. 1.20 lakh is being provided to the beneficiaries as an assistance under Pradhan Mantri AWas Yojana-Gramin. This amount is provided to PMAY-G beneficiaries in four instalments mentioned below:
- The first installment releases when beneficiary laying down the foundation of home.
- After the completion of 50 percent of construction, the second installment will be released.
- The third installment will be released when the 80 percent of house construction will be completed.
- The beneficiary will get the last and final installment after the completion of 100 percent construction.
- The beneficiary can also obtain an additional amount of Rs. 12,000 for the construction of toilet under Swachh Bharat Mission.
PM Awas Yojana was launched in 2015 for providing houses for all by 2022. The aim of the scheme is to bridged the gap of housing requirement.