MCGM Abhay Yojana 2020 Mumbai Water Bill deadline extended untill December 31. The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) extended the deadline for Abhay Yojana 2020, under which the consumers receive a 2% waiver on water bill if they are paid after the due date. As per the recent update, the deadline has been extended from 12th August 2020 to 31st December 2020 and was considered keeping the on going COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic in mind.
Maharashtra Tourism Minister and Mumbai Suburban District Guardian Minister Aadiya Thackeray said in a tweet that Abhay Yojana was expired on August 12, 2020, but now has been extended till 31st Sedember 2020 due to the on going pandemic. The 2% additional charge levied on arrears of pending water bills to BMC every month are waived off under the Abhay Yojana.
As per reports, MLA Sunil Prabhu took the initative to follow up with the BMC and extened this decision. Reports state that the city receives more than 3000 million litres water daily, and with this, the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corportaion (BMC) has set a target to collect more than INR 1000 crores.
Abhay Yojana 2020 Water Bill Payment
There are the following steps to make payment of bill
- Visit the official website of Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai
- Home page of the website will open
- At home page a notification running that is about the Abhay Yojana Date Extension
- click at this running notification of Abhay Yojana
- Bill Payment page will open
- Direct Link https://aquaptax.mcgm.gov.in/aqua/CitizenHome.html
- Enter your Bill Type, Reference Number and Payment Amount and click on pay
- Enter your authentication details(viz user id/ password)
- Confirm your payment amount
- You will receive an online transaction confirmation and a Transaction Reference Number
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
What is Abhay Yojana 2020
Abhay Scheme is start by state government of Maharashtra for People to clear pending water bills.
What is the benefits of Abhay Yojana?
The Abhay Yojana is basically start in which you can clear your pending bill without pay any interest on it.
Which state people is eligible for Abhay Yojana?
Only Maharashtra state people is eligible for this scheme.Specially for big cities people like Mumbai, Pune.
What is the Last Date for Abhay Yojana 2020?
Abhay Yojana date is extended from 12th August 2020 to 31st December 2020.
How can make a online payment of Bill under Abhay Yojana 2020?
You can make your online Bill payment by enter Bill Type and Consumer Number at official website