Uttar Pradesh government has decided the target for the first phase of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana. As per the information, the state government will build 11,286 homes under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana in 32 cities across the state. The Chief Minister of UP, Shri Yogi Adityanath shared the information of social media.
In PM Awas Yojana first phase, government would provided 11,286 homes to the families whose annual household income is not more than Rs. 3 lakh. On the construction of these housing units, the government will spend Rs. 384.59 crore.
For PMAY housing scheme, the government already received about 20 lakh applications from peoples in UP.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Uttar Pradesh
- First DPR (Detailed Project Report) under Pradhanmantri Awas Yojana in Uttar Pradesh has been approved.
- In the first phase of PMAY, 11,286 homes would be made available in 32 cities of UP.
- Total expenditure of constructing homes is about Rs. 384.59 Crore.
- 20 Lakh people have already applied for PMAY in UP
- Central and state governments would bear the cost of construction in the ration of 60% – 40% respectively.
Under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, central government approved the development of more than 18.75 homes for economical weaker section in 2151 cities and towns across the nation. The scheme launched in June 2015 to benefit the weaker segment of the society. The scheme mainly covers EWS and LIG categories while it also benefits the MIG category be providing them loan facility under Credit Linked Subsidy Component of the scheme.
Under the CLSS for MIG, the government is providing interest subsidy of 3% and 4% on the housing loan to MIG category applicants taken in 2017 and maximum tenure for PMAY housing loan scheme is 20 years.