Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Gramin an initiative of central government to fulfil the dream of rural poor people of buying a house. It is also known as rural housing scheme under which the government has aimed to construct houses for homeless people and for those who are living in kutcha houses in rural area. PMAY-G is sub component of housing for all by 2022 which is being implemented in rural areas across the country.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Gramin
Earlier the target of constructing houses under Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana was 3 crore by 2022 but recently the government has revised the PMAY-g target by adding 1 crore more houses.
Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana – Gramin (PMAY-G) is a modified version of Indira Awas Yojana (IAY) under which the government is providing financial help for re-constructing houses in rural area.
The implementation of the scheme was started from 1st April 2016 and it will cover all the rural area except Delhi and Chandigarh.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Gramin | Housing for All by 2022 – Rural
- By the end of 2022, a total of 4 crore houses to be developed under PMAY-G in the rural area across the country.
- In the next three years, the government will construct about 1 crore pucca (cemented) houses in rural area.
- The implementation of PMAY-G project will be done in the span of three years from 2016-17 to 2018-19 for proposed budget is Rs. 81,975 crore. Of total, about Rs. 60,000 crore will be allocated in the budget and remaining amount will be collected through Nabard.
- The amount for constructing a unit (house) to be shared by both central and state governments in the ratio 60:40 in plain areas and for north-eastern and hilly states the ration will be 90:10.
- Beneficiaries for PMAY-G would be selected on the basis of data of Socio-Economic Caste Census of 2011.
- Beneficiaries will be provided an assistance of Rs. 120,000 in plain areas and Rs. 130,000 in hilly areas for construction and enhancement of homes.
- The size of unit will be increase from 20 square meter to 25 square meter which will include the hygienic cooking.
- For constructing a toilet, the government will provide an assistance of Rs. 12,000/- along with 90 to 95 days of wages under MGNREGA for constructing the unit.
- Funds and assistance under PMAY-G will directly be transferred in beneficiary bank accounts.
PMAY-G Home Loan Scheme
An optional facility of home loan up to Rs. 70,000 would be also be arranged for constructing houses. And for maintenance and enhancement of houses, a loan up to Rs. 2 lakh will be provided to the beneficiary of PM Awas Yojana – Gramin 2017 along with the interest subsidy of 3%.
Selection of Beneficiaries for PMAY-G
- Preparing List of Eligible Beneficiaries
- Prioritisation of Beneficiaries within the List
- Verification of Priority List by Gram Sabha
- Grievance Redressal by Appellate Committee
- Publication of Final Priority List
- Preparation of Annual Select List
PMAY-G Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who is listed in original SECC data will be rejected on the basis of below parameters.
- Two/three/four wheeler vehicle or fishing boat
- Agricultural equipment and machines
- Kisan Credit Card with credit limit of Rs.50,000 or above
- Any member of his/her household serving government job
- Households with non-agricultural enterprises registered with the Government
- Monthly income of any member of the family should not be more than Rs.10,000.
- Income tax payer
- Professional tax payer
- Candidates having refrigerator
- Candidates having landline phone
- Candidates who have more than or equal to 2.5 acres irrigated land with at least one irrigation equipment
- Candidates who have 5 acres of irrigated land for two or more crop seasons
- Owning at least 7.5 acres of land or more with at least one irrigation equipment
Besides, the government is implementing Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Urban in which they have aimed to construct 2 crore houses by the year 2022.
For further details visit pmayg.nic.in