Varsity Free Education Scheme in Tamilnadu is an government scheme for education implemented by Madras University for providing free education to the students of weaker segments of the society. Application form are being invited for free education scheme 2017-2018 under the Right to Education (RTE) Scheme in Tamilnadu.
Madras University free education scheme 2017-2018 application form are available on the official website of Madras University at www.unom.ac.in interested one can also download the form by following the link below:
Free Education Scheme in Tamilnadu
The scheme is to assist the students who are unable to pursue their higher education in undergraduate courses in the Aided/Self-Finance Colleges only affiliated to University of Madras, owing to financial constrain (Tuition fee and Hostel fee only).
The students belonging to backward classes and living in Chennai, Thirvallur, and Kancheepuram districts can apply for the scheme by following the procedure below.
Free Education Scheme Tamil Nadu – RTE Application Form Download 2017-18
You can download the application form for Madras University free education scheme (MUFES) 2017-18 by following the links below:
Click Here to Download the application form for free education scheme in Tamilnadu.
How to Apply/Register
After downloading the application form, it should be submitted along with required documents and photocopies at the adress given below, either in person or by post within 15 days from the date of publication of (Twelfth Class) 10+2 results of the Government of Tamil Nadu.
Address for Submitting Free Education Scheme Form
Registrar, University of Madras, Chepauk, Chennai – 600 005
Eligibility for Free Education Scheme Tamilnadu
- Only those students will be able to apply for scheme who have have appeared and passed XII in May 2017.
- Annual income of student’s family should be less then Rs. 2,00,000/-.
- The Family should not own a house or land.
- Minimum marks for Orphans, Widow’s Children, Transgender, disabled, is 50%.
- The Candidates should be the First Graduate in the family, should obtain 60% of Marks
- The Candidates whose mothers have been deserted, should obtain 70% of marks
- Other candidates who have secured 80% and above marks will be considered on the basis of Economic and Family Circumstances.
- The student applied for the scheme should have passed all subjects in first attempt.
Priority and Preference
- Economically Backward Students
- Children of Agricultural Labourers
- Daily Wage Earners
- Widows and Destitute Women
- First graduation of the family.
For more details visit http://www.unom.ac.in/