Agra-Lucknow expressway, it will be another mega addition to the infrastructure of Uttar Pradesh and of India after completed. The innovative project of Uttar Pradesh Government will be the largest 6 lane expressway in India stretching 302 Kilometers from the city of TajMahal, Agra to the city of Nawab, Lucknow.
The project for which the foundation stone was laid by Mr. Mulayam Sing Yadav on November 23 is one of the revolutionary initiatives for infrastructure developments in the state of Uttar Pradesh. The project mainly focuses on the increasing the pace of development of UP and tippling its economy in coming decade.
The project will not only provide a fast (4 Hours from Agra to Lucknow) and easy connectivity between the two mega cities but also attract investors to setup industrial units in the state in a big way to give new momentum to the state’s development and economy.
While UP has already achieved a feat by building Yamuna Expressway from Noida to Agra, this new mega project will be another milestone and here we bring you the 20 fascinating facts about the innovative mega-structure.
- The length of the expressway will be 302 Kilometer and it will be the longest access controlled 6 lane expressway in the country.
- The width of 6 lane expressway is 110 meters which can be expanded to 8 lanes in future based on requirements.
- About 8,500 acres of land will be required for the entire expressway out of which more than 7,000 acres or 85% has been acquired.
- The project will cost about Rs 15,000 Crore and all the cost will be borne by the state government.
- The speed limit of Agra-Lucknow expressway would be 120 km per hour.
- The project would link would link main districts of Agra, Firozabad, Mainpuri, Etawah, Auraiyya, Kannauj, Kanpur City, Unnao, Hardoi and Lucknow.
- Expressway would begin at village Etmadpur Madra and would conclude at village Sarosa-Bharosa at Mohan road in Lucknow.
- The construction work at five places Lucknow, Unnao, Firozabad, Kannauj and Agra had begun and will be done simultaneously.
- The project will be completed within a time span of merely 22 months.
- The expressway will be built by 5 different developers including PNC Infratech (Agra-Firozabad), Afcons Infrastructure (Firozabad-Etawah), Nagarjuna Construction Company (Etawah-Kannauj), Afcons Infrastructure (Kannauj-Unnao) and L&T (Unnao-Lucknow).
- This is the third flagship project of Akhilesh government together with Lucknow Metro Rail project and Lucknow IT city.
- The expressway was first planned to be built on PPP model but when it failed to attract investors, the state Govt. decided to fund the project by itself through Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) route.
- The project will also provide easy connectivity to the National Capital Region through Greater Noida-Agra Yamuna Expressway.
- Two bridges to connect this expressway to Yamuna expressway will also be built at the total cost of 244.52 Crores. First bridge will be built over Yamuna river under the Agra Inner Ring Road Project near village Mahal Badshaah at a cost of Rs 98.32 crore and other bridge would come up at Delhi-Agra-Kanpur NH2 under Fatehabad to Agra Inner ring road project between Tundla-Yamuna bridge rail section km 1260/8and km 1260/10 near Kuberpur. Both the bridges will be 8-lane and cost Rs. 98.32 and 146.2 Crores respectively.
- The logo of the project has been designed by Mr. Vaibhav Bakshi, teacher at the Design College of Architecture, Lucknow.
- The provisions for interchanges for main traffic, tolled expressway, underpasses for cattle and pedestrians, service roads, green belt, rest houses, petrol pumps, service centres and eateries have been proposed on both sides.
- The project will be developed by and under intense care of UPEIDA (UP Expressway Industrial Development Authority).
- The expressway will provide faster transport to agricultural producers, handicrafts and small industries etc.
- Development of 4 agricultural ‘mandis’ for milk, potato, grains, fruit and vegetables along the expressway has also been planned by the government.
- The project has been named “Green Field” project.
BONUS FACT – THE POLITICAL EFFECT 🙂
Initially, the expressway length was 270 Kilometers but due to the change in alignment which is made to pass through Saifai village (Mulayam Singh Yadav’s village) in Etawah district, the length of expressway has become 302 Kilometer.