Chandigarh Housing Board is all set to launch two new housing schemes in Sector 51 and 54. The decision to launch the new schemes was taken during the 385th board meeting of Chandigarh housing board held on 16 October. It was decided during the meeting that the board needs to set benchmarks for the affordable housing demands in the city.
CHB will be launching the new self-financing affordable housing schemes in Chandigarh Sector 51 and 54 to cater the huge demands of public for general housing. The scheme will offer a total of about 1700 flats for EWS, LIG, MIG and HIG categories. The board will construct one room flats for EWS, 1BHK for LIG, 2BHK for MIG and 3BHK for the higher income group.
According to the chairman of Chandigarh Housing Board, B.S. Bhalla, the schemes will be announced very soon. However, it is expected that the schemes will be launched on Diwali, i.e. 23rd October, Thursday.
The construction of flats in Sector 51 will be based upon the existing board parameters and similar to those already built in the sector. However, the board will incorporate some modern and eco-friendly technologies for construction of flats in sector 54.
Following will be the main features of the flats in Chandigarh sector 51
- To be designed by a consulting architect who will be selected through national level open drawing competition.
- The flats will be energy efficient, sustainable and aesthetically designed.
- The construction will make optimum use of available land along with green architecture.
- Sustainable material will be used to build the flats with modern technology.
- Solar energy utilization and rain water harvesting will be among the features.
The draw for allotment of 160 2BHK flats in sector 51-A under another scheme is scheduled to be held on 28 October after Diwali. The allotment and possession of these flats will be given by November 2014 to the applicants who have deposited the complete amount of flat cost.