Assam Orunodoi Scheme 2020 is a new scheme launched by the state government of Assam. Under Orunodoi or Arunodoi Scheme, financial assistance of Rs.830 per month through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) will be given to 17 lakh state resident families eligible for purchase of eligible food items.
The state govt. of Assam has started laying the groundwork for the ambitious ‘Orunodoi’ Scheme that seeks to provide a monthly sum of Rs.830 to economically backward households in the state.It is being talked about to increase the number of beneficiaries of this scheme to 25 lakh in the coming days.
As per the notification, the Orunodoi scheme initiative is an endeavor to empower the women of the state and provide financial support to the economically vulnerable families. To avail the benefits of Orunodoi scheme, the applicant should be a permanent resident of Assam and also should be presently residing in the state.
Assam Orunodoi Scheme 2020 Details
Name of the Scheme : Arunodoi Scheme or Orunodoi Scheme
Launched By : State government of Assam
Implemented By: Finance Department, Government of Assam
Amount: Rs.830 per month
Launched Date : 2 October 2020
Objective of Scheme : To provide monthly financial assistance to poor families.
Beneficiaries: Women belong to poor families.
Assam Orunodoi Scheme 2021 Registration
The Assam government is going to launch the Orunodoi Scheme on 2nd October 2020. Under the scheme, 17 lakh eligible families of the state will be provided financially. According to the Finance Minister of Assam, Himanta Biswa Sarma, families will be given Rs.830 as subsidy on the purchase of food items. It has been described as the foremost bead by the Finance Minister.
Assam Orunodoi Scheme Features
- The selection of the beneficiaries for the scheme will start from 17th August 2020. They will be receiving the amount on the 1st day of every month.
- Arunodoi scheme will be the largest Direct Benefit Transfer Scheme of Assam which benefit 15 to 17 thousand families per Assembly constituency.
- Assam government will send the amount through DBT to the bank account of the nominated women of the family.
- The support given by the govt. of Rs.830 per month will mean additional per annum income of Rs.10,000 to the poor dousebolds in order to meet their nutritional and medical needs.
Eligibility for Assam Orunodoi Scheme 2020
The eligibility criteria of Assam Orunodoi Scheme 2020:-
- Applicant should be a permanent resident of Assam.
- Applicant should be presently resident in Assam.
- Composite Household Income of the Applicant should be less than Rs.2 lakh per annum.
- The beneficiary should have a bank account where in the name in the bank records should match the scheme records. In case, the beneficiary does not posses a bank account then a bank account would be requred to be opened prior to the date of approval of the application.
Selection Process of Orunodoi Scheme 2020 Beneficiary
The District Level Monitoring Committee may devise modalities for preparing the list of eligible beneficiaries strictly as per the Guidelines. The preliminary selection of the beneficiaries will be done at the level of Gaon Panchayat, Village Council Development Committee, Urban local Body based on eligibility/ ineligibility conditions.
An undertaking cum checklist of the eligibility/ineligibility conditions has been prepared for use at Gaon Panchayat, Village Council Development Committee, Urban Local Body level which is attached at Annexure ‘A’ only one such undertaking cum checklist should be prepared against each proposed beneficiary household.
Compilation at LAC level: The undertaking cum checklist, forwarded by the Gaon Panchayat / Village Coincil Development Committe / Urban Local Body will be compiled LAC wise by Member Secretary, DLMC to be put up for District level Monitoring committee for prioritization / selection.
Prioritization of list of applicants by District Level Monitoring Committee. The District Level Monitoring Commiittte will meet to prioritize and finalize the received list of applicants submitted by the GPNCDC / ULBs, based on the priority criteria mentioned above.