Free Coaching for Meritorious Students under a Delhi government Scheme has hit COVID-19 roadblock, but efforts are on to resume the classes soon. Delhi government is running a Free Coaching Scheme 2020 under JAi Bhim Mukhyamantri Vikas Yojana for meritorious (SC/ ST/ OBC) or General (EWS) category students.
Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana was earlier only for SC and ST students but now this free coaching scheme was extended to meritorious students of Delhi general (EWS) category. Under this free coaching scheme, Delhi govt. is providing free coaching for the preparation of Civil Services, Law, Engineering, Banking and other competitive entrance examinations.
Delhi government bears the entire fees of the coaching of the students whose family income is less than Rs.8 lakh. Free coaching scheme benefited around 5,000 students of Delhi in 2019-2020 session. The name of this scheme is “JAi Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana”.
Delhi Free Coaching Scheme 2020
Delhi Free Coaching Scheme 2020 is the empowerment of the poor students through education. Free coaching scheme is applicable for the all meritorious students across the state. Students can avail the scheme to prepare for examination conducted by the UPSC, SSC, Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board, Railway Recruitment Board, Banks Exams, Medical and Engineering Pre-Examination.
Delhi government has been reserved around 15,000 seats in 46 reputed coaching institutions under this free coaching scheme. The maximum financial assistance a students can avail under the scheme is also increased form Rs.40,000 to Rs.1 lakh.
Provision for Free Coaching Scheme 2020
Government of Delhi has specified the following provisions for the free coaching scheme :-
- Delhi government will bear coaching free of those students who has passed 10thand 12th class examination and whose family income is below Rs.2 lakh p.m. These students will get 100% financial assistance for coaching classes.
- Government will provide the financial assistance of 100% of the coaching fee to the students whose family income is between Rs.2 lakh to Rs.8 lakh.
- The maximum financial assistance Rs.1 lakh can be given under this free coaching scheme.
Coaching Programme Duration and Quantum of Fee
The duration and quantum of fee for each coaching programme is below :-
Apply for Delhi Free Coaching Scheme 2020
The complete procedure to get free coaching class under this scheme is given below :-
- Students will have to apply for the financial assistance by making registration with any of the coaching centers present in the list.
- Students have to appear for the eligibility test of that particular coaching center.
- All the students can then apply for the financial assistance for fees payments as per their eligibility.
- The Government will bear coaching fee up to Rs.1,00,000 for preparation of IAS, IPS, Railways, Banking and other competitive examinations.
- All the qualified students will also get Rs.2,500 per month as expenses for book and study material for the entire duration of coaching.
- The government will directly transfer the money into the bank accounts of the beneficiaries
- However only 50% of admissible coaching fee is to be provided by the government for students who avail 2nd time coaching facility under the scheme.
Eligibility Criteria for Fee Coaching Scheme
The students have to full fill the following eligibility criteria for Delhi Free Coaching Scheme 2020 :-
- Students must be of SC/ ST/ OBC/ General (EWS) category
- Students family income must be less than 8 lakh per annum
- Students should pass their 10th and 12th class from Delhi
List of Required Documents for Scheme
The following documents are required for the Delhi free coaching scheme :-
- Aadhar Card
- Caste Certificate
- Income Certificate
- 10th 12th Class Certificates
- Recent Passport Size Photos
Guidelines of Free Coaching Scheme 2020
The guidelines of the Delhi free coaching scheme cab be downloaded in PDF format from the official website of SC/ST welfare department of Delhi government and link to download guidelines of scheme is given below :-
Jai Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana Guidelines : http://scstwelfare.delhigovt.nic.in/wps/wcm/connect/ad842f004b536ad390d6b069afcf
Students can call the central helpline no. for all Delhi government scheme – 011-23379511.
Visit the official website of SC/ ST welfare department http://scstwelfare.delhigovt.nic.in/ for more information