On Monday, 20 July, Singapore Minister Mr. Iswaran presented the Seed Master Plan of Andhra Pradesh new capital Amaravathi to the state Chief Minister Mr. Chandrababu Naidu. The government of Andhra Pradesh has partnered with Singapore for constructing Amaravathi a world class capital. The Singapore government has already handed over the overall master plan of Amaravathi while the core master development plan was submitted yesterday.
The Seed Capital Area (SCA) of Amaravathi master plan will cover an area of about 16.9 square kilometers.
Highlights of Amaravathi Master Plan 2050:
- The first phase of core capital to be wrapped up by the end of 2018.
- The core capital area is spread over the area of 16.9 square kilometers.
- The SCA provides nodes and development corridors from transit oriented development approach.
- The Seed capital development will be completed in five stages by four different departments. Gateway, Down-town, Government core and Water-front are the four departments to carry out the respective developments.
- The seed capital area to cater a population of 11.5 million by 2050.
- About 5.1 million jobs to be created in the capital by 2050, 3.3 million by the end of 2035 and next 1.8 million by the end of 2050.
- The city would comprise various zones of business parks, residential townships, gardens, water bodies, recreational spaces and water front etc.
- With the aim of green environment, 40% area of capital would be open and green.
- The capital city will be linked to 7 regional centers.
- For providing and enhancing the mobility and accessibility to the citizens, the master plan comprises of an integrated network of metro rail (12 KM), bus rapid transportation (15 KM), downtown roads (7 KM), internal road network (1,000 KM), bikes and walkways (300 KM) and collector road (53 KM).
- The master plan will also comprise state-of-art government complex, city gateways, cultural centre, convention centre etc.
Andhra Pradesh official said that they are taking initiative as a challenge and expressed his confidence in fulfilling the task.
Stay tuned to get further updates of Amaravathi Master Plan.