The central government of India has approved 1 crore more houses under Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana for the period 2016-17 to 2018-19. In this period, the government will spend about Rs. 81,975 crore for the construction of affordable houses under PMAY-G.
As per the information the reports of Socio Economic and Caste Census (SECC) 2011, approximately 4 crore rural households face housing deprivation.
After accounting for the houses that were constructed under Indira Aawas Yojana, IAY and State sponsored housing schemes since 2011, it has been estimated that 2.95 crore more houses, with an anticipated variation of ± 10%, would need to be constructed to achieve the objective of ‘Housing For All’ by the year 2022.
In the 1st phase of PMAY-G (from 2016-17 to 2018-19), the government has targeted to construct 1 crore houses in rural area. Further target for remaining period (till 2022) will be decided after verification and finalisation of permanent wait lists, based on SECC 2011 data by all States/UTs.
The source informed that to achieve the objective of ‘Housing for All’ various features have been incorporated into the scheme architecture of PMAY-G.
Below are some of these features:
- Availability of sufficient financial resources both in the form of budgetary support and borrowing from NABARD to meet the expenditure for construction of houses.
- Electronic transfer of assistance under Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) to resolve problems of delayed payments and expedite completion.
- MIS-AwaasSoft which would help in comprehensive online monitoring of the scheme
- Inspection and Geo tagging of houses, through the mobile app- AwaasApp by beneficiaries to reduce delays.
- Increasing number of trained rural masons through Training, Assessment and Certification.
- state and sub state level Programme Management Unit (PMUs) will be Setting up to review progress on a daily basis, provide requisite technical support and facilitation and plug gaps in implementation using administrative funds available under the scheme.
Mai Bahut garib hu
Mai Bahut garib hu Aadmi hu