Kerala Education Loan Repayment Support Scheme / Education Loan Repayment Subsidy Scheme 2017-18 online registration and filling of claim application form process has been started through www.elrs.kerala.gov.in. The aim of Education Loan Repay Scheme is to reduce the burden of families taking education loan for their children. The process of repay the education loans of students can be made by following the registration procedure. And the last date of submission of application is 31 October 2017.
Students or families who are looking for the steps by step procedure for filling of claim application form and making online registration under Kerala Repay Scheme 2017 can follow the procedure given below.
Kerala Education Loan Repayment Scheme Online Registration
Students who have availed loans of upto Rs. 9 Lakh and whose annual household income is less than Rs. 6 Lakh and belonging to LIG category can register online by filling claim application form of Education Loan Repayment Support Scheme 2017-18. Here are the steps register as students under Kerala education loan repayment scheme.
Stets to be followed by borrowers for filling Claim Application
- Uploading certificates
- Filing the claim application
- Online Submission of claim to bank
- Submission of signed printout of application with original certificates to bank
- Remitting the borrower’s contribution in advance with the bank
- For getting financial assistance under ELRS Kerala visit official website of Kerala Education Loan Repayment Scheme at www.elrs.kerala.gov.in
- Now click on “Student Registration” button. After that a registration form will be appeared on the screen and below is the screenshot of registration form.
- Now fill the information such as Name of student, D.O.B, 10th stranded examination roll number, Year of 10th passing, board, Mobile number etc.
Upload required documents.
And to complete your registration click on registration button.
Step-2: Filing Claim Application
After completing registration, students will get User ID/ application number and password which to be sent to the registered mobile number of applicant. And for filling claim application, go to students login on the portal and follow the instructions to make your login using User ID and password.
- Full permanent address of the applicant
- Name of parent/spouse/guardian
- Details of co borrower(in the case of student deceased or suffered 80% & more disability)
- Details of the professional course studied (for which the education loan was availed)
- Whether Management & NRI Quota or not
- Date of completion of course
- Category of the student
- Details of the bank from which loan was availed
- Details of the loan availed
- Amount repaid (interest subvention shall not be treated as repayment for this scheme)
- Present Annual income of the family
- Present employment details of student (not applicable for deceased student/student with 80% or more disability)
- Present Annual income of the student (not applicable for deceased student/student with 80% or more disability)
- Date of occurrence of disability/death in the case of deceased student /student with 80% or more disability
- Details of relief availed under any other scheme (if any)
- Choosing Govt Support category
The scheme benefiting the students under two options mentioned below.
Option 1 (Normal) & option 4 (40 % or more but below 80% disability.
Option 2 (80% or more disability) & 3 (Deceased Student).
Step-3 Online Submission of Claim to Bank
After the completing the process of filling all fields and uploading the certificates, students can choose the option of online submission of claim to banks through online portal.
Submission of signed printout of application with original certificates to bank
After filling application form process successfully, PDF copy of the application along with the certificates uploaded will be generated by the system which to be submitted after taking printout of the same along with students sign in the places required. And the duly signed printout along with the originals of the uploaded certificates is to be submitted to the bank branch where loan is maintained.
Step-4: Remitting the borrower’s contribution in advance with the bank
- A cross verification of online application will be done by the bank branch with the physical copy and the records available in the bank to ensure the correctness and eligibility.
- Incomplete/ineligible applications will be returned with reasons through the online portal.
- If the application is complete in all respects, the bank branch will arrive at the claim amount and applicant’s contribution and intimate the applicant through the portal. Otherwise, application will be summarily rejected.
- Then the applicant has to remit his share into his loan account within 90 days from the date of intimation.
- Thereafter the bank branch shall mark his/her application as accepted in the portal and process it further.
- If the applicant does not remit his share within 90 days from the date of intimation , the application will be returned through online portal.
- Student will be given opportunity to resubmit a rejected application, after rectifying the defects