Unemployment Allowance Scheme in Andhra Pradesh will soon benefit the jobless youth in the state by providing them a monthly allowance of up to Rs. 2000 per jobless youth until they get a job. Andhra Pradesh government scheme for unemployed will be launched with an initial budget of Rs. 500 crore.
However, the exact launch date for unemployment allowance scheme has not decided yet and it is expected that the scheme will be launched in the end of July 2017. The task of collecting data of employed youth in the state is under process.
Unemployment Allowance Scheme Andhra Pradesh
The state has about 12 lakh unemployed youth who might be covered under the scheme. The age-wise date of unemployed youth in being prepared by the government. The government would also check the skills and their employment exchange registration, whether they are registered with employment exchange or not.
After collecting all the data of employed youth in the state, the exact amount of monthly allowance would be decided for unemployed/jobless youth. Currently such unemployment allowance scheme in running West Bengal and Tamilnadu and before launching the scheme in Andhra Pradesh, the government would also analyse their policies and implementation process.
Unemployment Allowance Scheme
- Unemployed youth in the age range of 25-28 years would be eligible to get the allowance.
- Monthly allowance amount may be fixed at Rs. 2000 would be given eligible applicants. This amount is more than amount being given to the unemployed youth in West Bengal and Tamilnadu.
- The amount under Berojgari Bhatta Yojana will be given till they get any job and it would be valid for 2-3 years.
- Preference would be given to those youth who have registered with employment exchange for last 5 years.
- During the period of getting allowance under the scheme, skill development training will be imparted to the unemployed youth.
- Only one unemployed person in the family would be eligible to receive the scheme benefits.
- Beneficiaries might be requested to contribute in community development projects in villages.
- Job opportunities for unemployed youth would also be created.
The state government has also allocated an amount of Rs. 398 crore for providing skill and entrepreneur training to unemployed youth to ensure more job opportunities for youth.