Delhi government is going to introduce fee waiver scheme for undergraduate students in Delhi who are pursuing UG courses in Delhi universities. It is informed by Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia that Delhi fee waiver scheme will be named after eminent educationist Hoshiyar Singh.
Manish Sisodia announced the Delhi fee waiver scheme in Chotu Ram Rural Institute of Technology in Kanjhawala area after unveiling a statue of Hoshiyar Singh. He quoted that “I always say that a country’s future is not decided by the prime minister, the chief minister or secretariat but in classrooms. Principal Hoshiyar Singh has contributed to nation building through classrooms,”.
Merit Cum Means- Fee Waiver Scheme Delhi
Recently announced merit cum means fee waiver scheme of Delhi government will help the needy students who pursue higher studies in any of the six universities of the national capital. Below is the list of universities covered under Fee Waiver Scheme Delhi.
- GGS Indraprastha University,
- Delhi Technological University
- Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology
- Ambedkar University
- Indira Gandhi Delhi Technological University for Women
- Delhi Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research University.
Benefits of Fee Waiver Scheme
- Students belonging to families who are covered under National Food Security Scheme will be provided a 100% fee waiver.
- Students whose households annual income is less than Rs. 2.5 lakh will get a 50 per cent fee waiver.
- Students whose households annual income is in the range of Rs. 2.5 lakh to Rs. 6.0 lakh will be provided 25 per cent fee-waiver.
- Students who passed 12th class with minimum 60 percent marks will be eligible to apply for the scheme and a five percent relaxation will be provided to the students belonging to SC/ST category.